- We will collect and store your personal and financial information which will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended, extended, re-enacted or consolidated from time to time (including without limitation the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679/EC) (data protection legislation). For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller and we will process your Data in accordance with articles 6 (1)(b), 6 (1)(c) and 9 (1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016. We will use your information to ensure proper performance of our agreement with you and to comply with our legal obligations when providing the services as further described below.
- We will use your name, address, email address, contact number, date of birth, national insurance number and financial information (‘personal information’) to provide our services to you and verify your identity and this may require us to pass your personal information to our group companies, electronic verification providers, product providers or other financial firms such as lenders, banks, insurers, fund managers and platform providers. Should you decide not to procced with our services, we will delete your personal information.
- We will pass your personal information to Tenet* as they are responsible for the services we provide to you (or their professional advisers) for compliance and monitoring purposes as detailed in this Important Information about our Services document. Further detail regarding how Tenet will use your data can be found on its website at www.tenetgroup.co.uk or by contacting Tenet on 0113 239 0011.
- We may be required to pass on your personal information to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) to help with an investigation or complaint or other authorities as required by law.
- We may need to collect sensitive personal data including information about your health, ethnic origin, or criminal prosecutions from third parties such as employers and credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and other similar organisations in order to provide you with the services, for example where you require advice on protection products.
*Tenet means Tenet Group Limited, Tenet Limited, TenetConnect Limited, TenetConnect Services Limited, TenetLime Limited, its associated companies and its network of appointed representatives.
You may exercise your right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your sensitive personal data at any time by contacting us at Dalton Edwards Ltd, 62 Canada Way, Liphook, Hants GU30 7UH or firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 01428 729849.